Layton Permanent Allotments Association
This is an independent website and not controlled or regulated by Blackpool Council.. Blackpool Council cannot be held responsible for the authenticity or reliability of content of this site. Blackpool Council website can be visited at www.blackpool.gov.uk
© 2012 Layton Permanent Allotment Association
A DJW Production
Blackpool’s Vegetable, Flower & Produce Show Organised by Layton Permanent Allotment Association
1. Exhibitors must complete the Entry Form which can be downloaded from Layton Allotments Website www.laytonallotment.org.uk Entry Forms can be forwarded on line or sent to Layton Allotments Site or by e-mail to email@example.com before noon on the day prior to the show.
2. One exhibitor one entry per Class. Entry fee must be paid on day of show
3. Entrance Fees for each entry will be 50p. Maximum charge £5 for 10 entries or more. Late entries will be charged £1 per entry.
4. LATE ENTRIES MAY BE ACCEPTED ON THE DAY OF SHOW IF SPACE IS AVAILIBLE
5. The exhibitor will be provided with a numbered card for each exhibit, which must be affixed by the Exhibitor.
6. Exhibitors should collect these cards at the Show before staging their exhibits.
7. For public interests, Exhibitors are requested to name variety of exhibits on the cards provided.
8. Exhibitors should not handle other persons’ exhibits. See Stewards
9. All exhibits must be the property of, and have been cultivated by, the Exhibitor for at least 3 months, except where otherwise stated. The organisers reserve the right to visit the gardens of all intending exhibitors.
10. All exhibits are staged at owners risk and must remain on the show benches until after the presentation of Certificates and Trophies.
11. Plain vases (NO GLASS) Exhibitors are requested to use vases provided by the show for floral classes (except table arrangement) Paper plates will be provided for Vegetable and Cookery classes.
12. Only Stewards and Exhibitors will be allowed into the display area before 9.30am on the day of the show whilst staging exhibits. Stewards will be available to assist with any staging problems.
13. At 10:00am the display area will be cleared for judging. Stewards on duty will remain during the judging.
14. The display will be opened to the Public on completion of the judging.
15. Points are awarded on the basis of:-
1st Prize – 3 points 2nd Prize – 2 points 3rd Prize – 1 point
In best in class, in the event of a tie, the exhibitor with most wins will be judged the winner, if still tied then the decision will be made by the judges.
16. If a class has only one entry then the judges have the power to award 2nd or 3rd instead of 1st if in their opinion a higher award is not warranted.
17. Horticultural judging will be conducted under RHS Rules. The decision of the judges will be final and they have the power to withhold any prize if the exhibits are not, in their opinion, of sufficient merit to warrant an award.
18. An RHS Show Handbook is available.
19. All Trophies will remain the property of the Organisers The Trophy winners must sign to accept the Trophies and will be held responsible that all reasonable care is taken of the trophies and should if they wish, obtain the service of a reputable engraver to engrave the Trophies with their name at their own expense.
20. THE TROPHIES MUST BE RETURNED TO THE SHOW ORGANISERS, CLEANED AND POLISHED NOT LATER THAN 31st July of the year following the show.
21. The show will close after presentation of the Certificates/Trophies.
22. Items left after show has closed will be disposed of at the discretion of the Organisers
|Allotment Association committee members|
|In the community|
|Allotment Assosiation Meetings|
|Allotment Assosiation Documents|
|Pumpkins Grown Onsite|
|Frogs on Site|
|St Kentigern's Primary School visit|
|Green Awards 2013|
|Green Awards 2012|
|Produce Show 2017|
|Produce Show 2016|
|Produce Show 2016 - Flowers & Vegetable sections|
|Bee Project - Visitors|
|Open Day 2017|
|Open Day 2016|
|Open Day 2015|
|Open Day 2014|
|Open Day 2013|
|Open Day 2012|
|Open Day 2011|
|Open Day 2010|
|Open Day 2009|